Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crossroads

Been around thinking where I'm going to be once I leave college . In retrospect , on a personal level I believe I haven't been doing much . Incidents and memories make me want to believe that I've hurt people and also helped a few too. Made me feel good ... but at the end of the day ... I feel at loss. I'm at crossroads thinking if I've lost focus on who I am by being preoccupied with who I want to be. That's a trade off I hadn't made consciously . Anyways, something came up while texting a good friend of mine inspired by Robert Frost's famous work. This is for those who repeatedly try to support people and end up feeling like a used tissue.... crushed , disposed and recycled for next :) Cheerio !


The Clown's Day ....

I don my mask and flip my hair,
The days and seasons bother me not,
Cause I have a road, long and fair,
And in its miles, my life is lost.

The faces are weird, cute and warm,
For hundreds and hundreds I see,
I lower my hat and shake an arm,
Cause least a mile, friends we can be.

Tales of lives, a million in type,
These ears have been an audience to,
Nights of fears and days of fright,
Cherishing the silly little things people do.

I try to laugh and break a smile,
Each and every chance I get to,
Cause there are hearts to mend, things to right,
And a lot, lot left to do.

The sun does set and farewells are bid,
As the journey is mine and not others so,
Much of my miles are left to be,
And still my wisdom wrinkles left to grow.

The trip is slow, as I tire along,
The burden grows with each passing day,
Cause I'm just able to cheer and song,
But nothing else to ease their pain.

Guilt and desperation make me smile,
Which the rough paths have taught me,
But much longer have I to hide,
The face beneath and all it was to be.

Years have past since I have seen my tears,
Not so 'cause worries I have none,
Words and reflections have proven my fears,
Lost myself, my mask is the face I don.

So close yet so far, numerous I still have,
Yet among all I meet, I lack one less,
To tear my mask and ditch this drab,
To hold her hand and start afresh.

But my wishes are better left ungranted,
As awaiting me is a journey and my herd,
Cause a clown's work is never ended,
There's always miles to go and smiles to serve...!

Good Day friends !

1 comment:

  1. look behind, a lot of other ppl are there in the same queue.. :)Am sure everyone who had read it, must ve nod-nodded.. all of us must ve been in a similar situation at one point or the other. :) keep writing!

    ReplyDelete