Sunday, October 19, 2008

So long my friend !

Many times, much more than we would ever confess, we are a choice that our most loved ones prefer not to take. I am one such choice and one I'm finally able to accept This one's my tribute to a special friend. Forgive the rhythm and rhyme- been a long time. But i believe thats not what this is about. Farewell, my friend, and Good Luck !


So long my friend !

You met me when I was a total loser,
That my friend is how I knew I could be better.

You changed the way I looked at failure,
That my friend, assured me you'd be beside, always here.

You changed the ways I trod in anger,
That my friend, was you protecting me from danger.

You taught me the bigger folly in lies,
That my friend is how you spoke the truth - right into my eyes.

You made me relish my name,
That my friend, taught me to put humility before fame.

You called on me when I was a grounded bird,
That my friend, told me when I wished a wing, you'd be my third.

You trusted me even when insults left you shattered,
That my friend was how I learned to value who really mattered.

You returned after a fight, and we met, right at the stairs,
That my friend, was when I knew that one day, we'd climb to the stars.

You met me again when I thought life had done us apart,
That my friend, was when you told me we could be afar but never by thought.

You walked right up to me even when I ignored you,
That my friend, was when you understood with pain yet misgivings few.

You were ready to forgive when I left you without as much as a word,
That my friend, was when you placed me above my actions and reasons absurd.

You helped me confess my greatest mistakes,
That my friend, was when you felt I should move on to greater ways.

And then you did something whose reasons I shall never know,
That my friend, was the fateful day you decided to let go.

You denied me your audience and the simplest of courtesies,
That my friend, was you making me strong, making me face my worst fears.

You were so far and farther so in silence,
That my friend, was how you taught me that trust once broken, never mends.

You were always there, my friend, only though by rhyme and by thought,
That my friend, told me that we'd still remain no matter how much we've fought.

How much you truly meant to me, shall forever be unknown,
That my friend is how i vow to remember you in happiness and happiness alone.

Farewell !!

No comments:

Post a Comment